Bidgood Bob is your typical, unrepentantly arrogant Alabama Crimson Tide fan. He takes his name from Bidgood Hall, home of the University of Alabama's Culverhouse School of Commerce and Business Administration, recently voted one of the the top business schools in West Alabama. These are Bob's cries for help.

September 25, 2009

Just back from a posting in the Middle East

I've been gone awhile and I'm new to blogging. I thought I'd share some of the impressions I got from a recent posting to the Middle East.

Folks, things are bad over there. You walk the streets, you really get a sense of the hopelessness of the region. Substandard housing, poor educational facilities, a low literacy rate... these people are not intellectually equipped to believe anything other than the propaganda their leaders spew.

They truly hate us. I think they are jealous of our lifestyle, our affluence, our many advantages. They have a keen resentment of our arrogance, but, in spite of their frequent demonstrations of defiance and our own  setbacks in the court of public opinion, I believe they truly fear us.

Well, anyway. It'll be a cold day in hell the next time old Bidgood Bob sets foot in the Middle Eastern part of Alabama again, particularly in Lee County. You can bet your sweet ass on that.




Thanks to BlackWarrior, Tider Insider poster, circa 2004. I have always liked this one and swore if I ever had a blog, this one would be the first post.


No comments:

Post a Comment