Bidgood Bob is your typical, unrepentantly arrogant Alabama Crimson Tide fan. He takes his name from Bidgood Hall, home of the University of Alabama's Culverhouse School of Commerce and Business Administration, recently voted one of the the top business schools in West Alabama. These are Bob's cries for help.

October 3, 2009

No wonder the state's broke


Here in Alabama it's been in the news that the Gov needs to fill 193 vacant board seats. Well I am glad he is finally getting a handle on this. Lord knows we don't need vacancies on the State Board of Prosthetics and Orthotics, Alabama Cosmetology Board, Center for Information Services Partnership (I wonder what in the hell that is),  Legislative Youth Advisory Oversight Commission (I hope they don't really have oversight over anything), Massage Therapy Board (I am sure they are the ones who outlawed "happy endings") and a Supercomputer Authority (I heard they are looking to upgrade to a 486). 

I can see where we need an Alabama Securities Commission. There are slickos out there trying to sell bogus investments to widows and orphans. But we also have a Funeral Service Board. I mean, really, how bad can a funeral director screw up?

There is a Statewide Health Coordinating Council (huh?) and a Southern High-Speed Rail Commission (I'm holding my breath on that one). One of my favorites is the Restriction of Youth Access to Tobacco Advisory Board.

I wonder what happens when one member of the Polygraph Examiners Board calls bullshit on another.

We have a Boxing Commission. There hasn't been a boxing match here since Sen. Charles Bishop (the fine statesman from Jasper) punched out Sen. Lowell Barron on the floor of the Alabama Senate in 2007.

We are still funding UFO Days in Fyffe, Mule Day in Winfield, the Syrup Sopping Festival in Loachapoka... our legislature at work. Oh, schoolteacher salaries got whacked by another 7.5% yesterday.



I am just happy the Alabama Cosmetology Board is still in business. We won't be having any of this in Alabama.

No comments:

Post a Comment